July 24, 2021

Lakefront Hartwell

Complete News World

Canada: The man who toppled a Muslim family accused of terrorism

Investigators and prosecutors said Monday that the man accused of the car-ramming attack that killed four members of a Muslim family in Canada on June 6 has been charged with terrorism.

The 20-year-old suspect, Nathaniel Weldman, appeared briefly in court Monday morning in the southern Ontario city of London, where the tragedy took place on June 6.

At the first hearing last week, he had already been charged with four counts of murder and attempted murder after the attack, which the prime minister described as an “terrorist” act. Canadian Justin Trudeau.

“The attorney general at the federal and provincial levels has given their consent to launch terrorist activities, accusing the murders and even attempted murders of creating terrorist activities,” the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP, Federal Police) said in a statement after the investigation. .

The young man, who has no affiliation with an extremist organization with no criminal record, said he does not currently have a lawyer. Mr. Weldman is scheduled to return to court on June 21.

At the time of his arrest, he was wearing a bulletproof vest and a helmet-like garment.

According to London Police, Mr Weldman deliberately attacked the Afzal family with his location as part of a “premeditated and planned, hate-induced act”.

Five members of the same family were attacked while waiting to cross at a crossroads in London, 200 km southwest of Toronto. Both parents, their 15-year-old daughter and her grandmother were killed, but their 9-year-old son, who was critically injured, survived.

Little Fais was able to leave the hospital, where he was cared for by his family members, several Canadian media outlets revealed Monday.

READ  Algeria: The Interior Ministry now needs approval from protesters to justify any decision to ban protests. Answer

The boy “needs to recover, but it will take time,” Afzal’s family member Sabur Khan told the CBC. He also welcomed the new terrorist credentials against the suspect demanded by many leaders of the Muslim community.

“I think it’s very important for us to talk about an act of terrorism,” Canada’s Deputy Prime Minister Christiaan Freeland responded on Monday.

“It is important for us to recognize that this is an act of Islamophobia, and it is important for us to identify the terrible threat posed by white supremacy to Canada and Canadians,” he told a news conference.

Last week, Canadian MPs passed a resolution to hold an emergency summit on Islamophobia by the end of July.

The play is the deadliest attack on Muslims in Canada since the shooting at a Quebec mosque that killed six people in 2017. The Canadian supremacist has not been charged with terrorism.

The attack showed widespread support and solidarity with the relatives of the victims.

The two jackpots launched at the crude funding sites raised more than two million Canadian dollars (35 1.35 million) on Monday evening, especially in support of the smaller Foyce.